Thursday, August 18, 2005

Haloscan commenting

Due to the Spamming of my comment section, I have switched over to Haloscan for comments.

Would it sound too conspiracy-theoryish to suggest that one of my former pet trolls probably put me on a mailing list somewhere? Nobody else seems to be having this problem, and it sounds just childish enough for a Lefty to do something like that.

The good thing about Haloscan is that, once you register on my site, you never have to sign in again; unlike Blogger, which required you to sign in every time. And I have better control over who comments, which means I can get rid of the Spammers if they show up again.

Consider this a recommendation. I much prefer it to Blogger's commenting and have actually been thinking of switching for awhile now. The Spam just gave me the final push to get off my butt.

And for those of you using Blogger, it has an automatic installation tool which makes it easy to install. I had to run it 3 times to make it overcome Blogger's resistance, but it eventually worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment