Tuesday, May 03, 2005

You're Trying to Make Me Think I'm Paranoid!

For some time before the last election, but especially in the time since, the Left has gone completely off the deep end with their conspiracy theories.

I find this absolutely fascinating, since the people putting forth these theories aren't just the extreme Left fringe, but perfectly normal people (well, as normal as they can be and still believe in conspiracy theories); the ones who flocked to see Michael Moore's "documentaries" and still believe that they're truthful, although they've been proven to be nothing more than slickly edited propaganda films.

I don't find the theories themselves to be particularly fascinating. They're actually rather childish and easily taken apart. What I find fascinating is how otherwise intelligent (they can't all be morons, can they?) people will allow themselves to believe these things. Why would they believe anything that is so obviously unbelieveable.

Not long after 9/11 I heard a guy on the radio saying that he had read (and believed) that George Bush personally flew the planes into the WTC towers by remote control.

Just the other day I heard, for the hundredth time, that it was a missile that hit the Pentagon on 9/11 and not a plane. It may have been "The Military" itself that launched it, or it may have been the Israelis or it may have been a vast international plot cooked up by the Illuminati.

Today I heard, for the thousandth time, someone saying that America is in the same place that Germany was in 1933, and that we were on the verge of fascism and massacres of gays, blacks and other minorities at the hands of "religious fanatics" (read Nazis).

Iin that vein, I think that I'll tackle some of the overarching issues, beginning with these conspiracy theories and what motivates these people to believe the unbelieveable.

But before I start, I think that I'll re-post the theme that overarches everything the liberals do. Call it a fresh start.

If you keep the following in mind at all times, you will find it laughably easy to refute the arguments of liberals.

No comments:

Post a Comment