Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Jesse Jackson: "More Me Now"

Just the other day I was wondering what had happened to Jesse Jackson. It had been awhile since he had reared his (really) ugly head. That was the day that I put the poll on my sidebar featuring the Godless Reverend.

Imagine my surprise when he suddenly shows up in the Terri Schiavo case. It turned into outright shock when he appeared on the side of the Right.

But then it occured to me that most of the headlines were being written about Terri's parents and not about her husband. That explained that. There was more publicity to be had on the parents' side and I'm sure that he couldn't find much of an angle to get in on the side of the pro-death Left.

Besides, there was no race issue involved, so it didn't matter which side he was on. If Michael Shiavo had been black, who among you doubts for one second that Jesse would be in his corner?

After massive voting (well, 7 votes) the consensus seems to be running toward Gangster, but I think Huckster is more fitting. This guy would push his own mother out of the way to get in front of the cameras.

By the way, have you seen this guy lately? He looks like a zombie! He was always ugly enough with those "Boston Terrier" eyes of his, but man, he looks like he's been embalmed. I don't know what could do that to a guy, but I wish I did so that I could avoid it.

- The Exile

No comments:

Post a Comment