Friday, September 23, 2005

The Fun Never Ends

Just when you think that you're getting ahead of the game, something like this happens:



We had some major storms rumble through here on Wednesday night. I no longer have any trees in my back yard. Let me correct that: I have four trees in my back yard, but they're all horizontal.

On the bright side, I'll never have to rake my back yard again. That and they fell away from the house.

On the negative side, I have to figure out what to do with about 5 tons of wood. Not to mention the weeks that it's going to take me to cut these things up.

Any of you environmentalists out there who would care to take these 100 foot trees away and give them a decent burial, feel free to get ahold of me. Or you could make thousands of picket signs out of these trees.

There's an odd thought: do tree-huggers use wood products for their picket signs? That would seem to be a bit hypocritical to me. Unless they only use naturally fallen birch bark and sticks. I'll have to look more closely the next time I see those misfits making fools of themselves on TV.

The alternative would be for them to use plastic, which would be a petroleum-based product. But they wouldn't do that, either, would they? Hmmm.

And if the downed "tree-friends" weren't enough, my good computer is screwed. I apparently clicked on the wrong link and something downloaded itself onto my hard drive. Luckily, I have 3 more computers in the house to play with.

If it were just a virus, I could deal with that. This was just some wannabe programmer out to make a buck. Somebody wrote some shitty code in C++ and put it out there on the internet for some ad-search program. Back when I was a "Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer" (snort), it was Holy Writ that you didn't put a piece of shit like this in anybody's hands, let alone allow it to be downloaded surreptitiously onto other peoples' computers.

So, what it comes down to, is that I am one busy hombre. I hate to disappoint my regular readers. I assume that there's a reason that you keep coming back. But for the next week or two I'm going to be posting between running my chainsaw and trying to fix my computer.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment