Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Enough!

I'm sure that the hurricane relief efforts will never miss any piddling contribution that I could make, but the fact is, the second that the usual (and some not-so-usual) suspects came out and called me a "racist", I decided that New Orleans could sink or swim without me. You can fence New Orleans off and let it rot for all I care.

Oprah, Mayor Ray Nagin, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, MSNBC/Newsweek, The AP, and countless others, including many, many normal residents of New Orleans, have all come out and, directly or indirectly, said that the white majority of this country had no problem letting black people die.

That's me and, most likely, you they're talking about!

I'm sick of being called a racist every time anything negative, great or small, happens to a Left-sanctioned minority group. These idiots insult me, and then expect me to help them.

That's like a bum coming up to you and saying, "Hey, asshole, you're the reason I'm poor! Give me some money!" Not a very good fund-raising technique.

That may work on your typical bleeding-heart liberal, but it doesn't work on me. I can't be guilted into doing what they want me to do.

It never ceases to amaze me that more people, especially Conservatives, aren't offended by this. Do you think that, like wealthy Democrats who want to raise taxes on anyone who is "really" rich (i.e. has one more dollar than they do), they're talking about somebody who is "really" a racist? No! They are talking about you. Yes, you! They don't care if your a Conservative or a Liberal, if you're white, they think that you are a racist!

I don't know about you, but I'm sick and tired of being insulted and accused of something that I've never done.

From now on, no matter how noble the cause may be, the second that the word "racist", "sexist", "homophobe" or any other of the Left's "victimhood" phrases pops out of some ignorant fool's mouth, you can count me out. My support ends right there.

If their leaders would tell them to sit down and shut up, I might reconsider, but that'll never happen, because these so-called "leaders" are the ones inciting it.

That also goes for them using a cause to jump on the "Bush-bashing-bandwagon", or twist it for their political gain. If they can't help people for the sake of helping people, without gaining anything or trying to further their political agenda, then they can count me out.

Their criticism of FEMA is usually accompanied by a reference to "the Bush administration", but even when it isn't, it's not hard to read between the lines. As some idiot rapper said recently, "Bush doesn't care about black people".

The really sick thing is that these people believe that they are the "selfless" people in our society when they will do absolutely nothing if there's no gain for themselves.

If it were just the "usual suspects" it would be one thing, but this is the mayor of the city and the residents of that city, whom millions upon millions of white people are trying to help. And Oprah doesn't need to advance a political agenda. Do you think that they all suddenly decided that "whitey's out to get me" the day after Katrina hit? No, I guarantee you that they've thought that I'm a racist for a long, long time.

Piss on 'em. They preach "unity" but all they do is divide. They can get by just fine without me.

No comments:

Post a Comment