Thursday, May 04, 2017

Refilling the Swamp

So, Trump and the Republicans have "repealed" Obamacare...while leaving some of the largest and worst aspects of it intact.

They have passed a budget that doesn't include money for building the border wall, doesn't defund Planned Parenthood, gives money to sanctuary cities, doesn't cut back federal government agencies, adds an additional $5 billion to Democrat plans...I could go on, but it's just so fucking depressing.

And Trump is celebrating the deal. The Republican establishment - the very people who attacked Trump during the campaign - are celebrating the deal. And the Democrats are positively fucking giddy over the deal.

I wish that I could say that I'm surprised, but I'm not. I predicted this long ago. I said that if Trump were elected nothing would really change. And it hasn't. Other than getting Gorsuch appoint to the SCOTUS, he's talked a lot, but done fuck all.

Hillary and her gang, who have fucking obviously committed thousands of felonies will skate. As will Lois Lerner of the IRS for political targeting of opponents and scores of other obviously corrupt Democrats. These are people who have committed crimes that are absolutely fucking indefensible in the true meaning of the word.

Trump has complete control of the Justice Department and, yet, he doesn't even consider using these people as an example to scare the shit out of anyone else who, in the future, may contemplate similar actions. It would be a "YUGE" deterrent to future politicians and bureaucrats, but Trump does nothing.

I hate to toot my own horn, but I honestly couldn't have predicted this any better than I did:

When/if Trump gets to Washington, it will be like the scene in Braveheart where the Irish are on the battlefield, sprinting towards each other, screaming their scariest battle cries and then, suddenly, stop and embrace each other.















No comments:

Post a Comment